This Policy specifically governs the usage of information collected by us from our users of the Shemaroo Me “Platform” and any associated mobile sites, applications, and/or any other services provided by us on the website, which can be accessed thereof.
1. Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you, such as:
Provided By You: The following are collected, as you provide us with:
- Your name, e-mail address, address, postal code, inclusive of payment methods, and, telephone number.
- Certain other information like your choice to provide further information pertaining to preferences, account settings, reviews, ratings, or any other information provided to us through our service, or elsewhere.
As Collected Automatically: The following are collected about you, your use of our service, the devices used to access our service [internet enabled compatible devices]. This information includes the following:
- Your activity on the Platform, which would include your search history, your search inputs, services or products viewed over the Platform, visits and the time stamps;
- Device IDs and other unique identifiers like IP address, browser type, version, network service provider details;
- Device and software characteristics including types and configurations, connection information, statistics on page views, URLs with time stamp;
- Your interactions with our customer support via various support channels like e-mails, messages;
- Service support and transaction history;
- Information collected by cookies, and other technologies, also including advertisement data, etc.
2. Use of Information Collected by Us
In order to provide you with the services of the Platform and offer you enhanced use of the features of our Platform. We use your information to:
- Process your registration, and provide you with your login account details;
- Process your orders and payments in respect of our services;
- Provide you with regional content, customized and personalized viewing options, recommendations on videos, movies, etc. which you may like to watch;
- Perform analytics and customer research, to improve our service, including the user experience and the interface;
- To offer you certain types of services, free trials, and other applicable offers based on your eligibility.
- To offer you relevant contextual advertisements wherever applicable.
3. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
While the Platform is the recipient of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, we may allow access of this information to various 3rd parties with whom Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd., has direct legal and confidentiality binding and such data shall stay with them only for limited purpose and period for the processing and storage of information, provision of account to you, provision of customer support, content development and delivery, and other purposes as identified in the Use of Information Collected By Us section to this Policy.
ShemarooMe, and our service providers may be required to disclose and otherwise use your personal and other information where we or our service providers reasonably believe that there exists the need to disclose to
- Meet or satisfy any applicable law, regulation, governmental request, or, legal process;
- Address and investigate any illegal activities, which may also include financial frauds, any security or technical issues;
- Protect itself against any harm, misuse, of the property or safety of its users and the public, as required or permitted by law.
In the event where there is any restructuring, reorganization, merger or sale, or any other transfer of assets, we shall transfer such information, including your personal information, subject to an agreement by the other party in respect to your personal information in a manner which is consistent with this Policy.
4. Interaction with Other Applications, Platforms
5. Cross Border Transfers
6. Your Rights and Your Preferences
At all times, you have the right to access your personal information, or update, or correct the personal information we hold about you. This can be easily done by you through the “Me” section, which empowers you with multiple information about your account, which may relate to your contact information, payment information, and several other relevant information about your account. To access this section, and make the relevant changes, you must be logged into your Account.
You also have the right to make a request to us, for deleting your personal information as available with us. You also acknowledge that deletion of some of these details may result in cancellation of your registration.
If you no longer wish to receive certain communications from us via e-mail, messages, you can unsubscribe to the same by clicking on the unsubscribe option in the e-mail communication received from us. Please note that you cannot however, unsubscribe to service related correspondence made by us to you, such as messages regarding your transactions, subscriptions. You can also choose not to receive any push notifications, as may be enabled on your devices; this can be done through your device settings.
7. Data Security
We understand that we must safeguard your personal information available with us. We use and employ reasonable technical, organizational, logical, physical, administrative measures to protect your personal information against any unauthorized access, modification, or, use.
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to our services. In jurisdictions, where the age of majority is older than 18, in such case, you must satisfy such requirement to become a member. Any individual under the age of 18 utilizing the service, may do so only with the strict involvement, supervision and approval of a parent or a legal guardian.
9. Cookies and Advertising